Oxhill News

www.oxhill.com / www.oxhill.org.uk

South Warwickshire, England.

The Oxhill News

July 2008

This months News



They did the right Thing

We have been asked to print the following press release from the West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust:

Ambulance bosses are praising the mother of a six year old boy who suffered potentially serious burns to his bottom after he sat on a lit barbeque.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a small village midway between Stratford and Banbury at 6.10pm this evening (Tuesday).

An ambulance and the County Air Ambulance from Strensham were sent to the scene.

Paramedic, Mike Blizard (corr), said: "By great good fortune a Community First Responder was attending the barbeque and immediately got his medical kit from his car and started treatment using a water gel dressing.

"The boy was understandably very upset. The CFR and the boy’s mother took the youngster to the shower and hosed the affected area with cold running water.

"When we arrived we dressed the burn and then let the helicopter fly him to Birmingham Children's Hospital where he will receive specialist treatment. His father went with him.

"I would like to pay tribute to the CFR and the mother who did exactly the right thing; not only did they remain calm, they gave the lad the right treatment.

"It is an important lesson to learn; if you suffer a serious burn from something like a barbeque, make sure you keep cold running water on the affected area."

Don’t forget – if you have a medical emergency contact our local Community First Responders Mick and Barbara Shepherd.  They can get to you considerably faster than an ambulance can.


This site is maintained by villagers of Oxhill for the benefit of the community and those interested in the history, news and activities that make the village such a pleasant place to live.

Send mail to the editor of the Oxhill News at news-editor @ oxhill.org.uk.

©2008 Oxhill Village (Terms and Conditions of use)

Last modified: June 27, 2008